U.S. says seized weapons show that Iran is a regional threat
SpaceDaily.com reports: “US officials on Thursday displayed military equipment they say confirms that Iran is increasingly supplying weapons to militants across the Middle East and is continuing its missile program unabated.
At a military hangar in Washington, Brian Hook, the US special representative for Iran, showed reporters a collection of guns, rockets, drones and other gear. Some of these had been intercepted in the Strait of Hormuz en route to Shia fighters in the region while others had been seized by the Saudis in Yemen, the Pentagon said.
The presentation — very similar to a December 2017 event led by the US ambassador to the United Nations Nikki Haley — is part of an ongoing push by President Donald Trump’s administration to increase pressure on Tehran and shame Western allies into doing more to tackle Iran’s regional influence.
The centerpiece of the display was what Hook said is a Sayyad-2 surface-to-air missile system that the Saudis had intercepted in Yemen this year.
Farsi writing along the white rocket’s side helped prove it was Iranian made, he said…”View Original Article