U.S. says up to 1,000 troops to withdraw from Syria
Israel National News reports: “The Pentagon said on Sunday that US President Donald Trump had ordered the withdrawal of up to 1,000 troops from northern Syria, almost the entire ground force in the war-torn country, AFP reports.
Defense Secretary Mark Esper said the move came after the US learned that Turkey was pressing further into Syria than had been expected.
And the Kurdish-led Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF) are seeking a deal with the Syrian regime and Russia to counter-attack against the Turks in the north, Esper added.
‘We find ourselves as we have American forces likely caught between two opposing advancing armies and it’s a very untenable situation,’ the Defense Secretary was quoted as having told CBS’s Face the Nation…”View Original Article